What is “U.S. Academics & Culture” online class?
THE OLDEST, MOST ADVANCED UNIVERSITY READINESS CLASS IN THE WORLD, TAUGHT ONLINE, WORTH EARN 3 UNIVERSITY CREDITS!
Students who pass the class earn:
- U.S. strategies to succeed in western universities
- Western communication and socialization skills
- Three university credits on a U.S. transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a U.S. Professor (in English) to strengthen university applications and job resumes
- Certificate of Competition to strengthen university applications and job resumes
- Preferred acceptance into an elite 4-year private U.S. college
There’s no application and no English score required. Visit http://www.hlslinstitute.com to enroll today!
Who can enroll?
- International students 14 years old, or older
- Students who can complete the class in English (No TOEFL required, but recommended score of 60 and higher)
- Students who want to learn success skills for U.S. study
- Students who want to become more competitive for school and job applications
When to enroll?
- Simple answer, at anytime
- A new class starts each first Monday of every month
- The 2016 class schedule: Jan 18th, Feb 1st, March 7th, April 4th, May 2nd, July 5th, Aug 1st, Sept 6th, Oct 3rd, Nov 7th, and Dec 5th
How to enroll?
- Click this “Enroll Now” link or the button below
How long does it take to finish the class?
- Students complete the class on their own pace. Some students take a couple weeks, some students take several. All students must complete the class within 12 weeks.
How does this cost compare with the cost of taking 3 credits in the United States?
Looking for a scholarship? Partial scholarships are provided on a case by case basis. Please click here to email our team.
“This on-line course will provide the keys to success for studies in the United States. From how to effectively apply to your school of choice to strategies of how to integrate on campus when you first arrive, Tara and her team will guide you through the entire process.” Susie Askew, Director at the University of Nevada, Reno Office of International Students and Scholars
“Knowing culture before coming to U.S. decreases anxiety for adjusting to new country. Just for my culture, I think it’s really mandatory, before.” — Minjae L., Seoul, South Korea
“This study is helpful for me. It helped mentally prepare me studying and to meeting new friends.” — Wei C., Shanghai, China
“Knowing culture gave me confidence to talk, get involved, and participate.” — Wayne L., Beijing, China
FREE WEBINAR – Wednesday, January 10, 2016
Register for the Webinar that Works Best for Your Time Zone:
Time: (Japan 1900 / 7 pm JST; South Korea 1900 / 7 pm KST; China 1800 / 6 pm CST)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9134209712079716610
Webinar ID: 101-847-563 United States: +1 (415) 930-5321 Access Code: 337-877-485
Time: (Colombia and Peru 1800 / 6 pm COT; USA 6 pm EST & 3 pm PST)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5194110893457792258
Webinar ID: 113-033-235 United States: +1 (914) 614-3221 Access Code: 239-072-648
Time: (Western Europe and Central Africa 1800 / 6 pm CET, UTC/GMT +1 hour)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5892876921188446210
Webinar ID: 112-670-603 United States: +1 (562) 247-8422 Access Code: 166-492-316
Time: Kuwait and Saudi Arabia 1800 / 6 pm AST; Brazil 2000 / 8 pm BRST
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/187050389286685954
Webinar ID: 111-060-659 United States: +1 (415) 930-5321 Access Code: 267-977-595
We improve the quality of life for international students by teaching U.S. academics and culture. International students can more easily navigate U.S. university classrooms, campuses, and social networks to achieve academic, social, and professional goals.
Since 2010, our team has been on the forefront of pre-departure research and instruction to support students pursuing study abroad. We teach pre-departure and post-arrival classesthat help international students manage cultural and academic challenges associated with adjustment in new schools.
Through curriculum design, international teaching and presentations, online webinars, research, and publications, we provide international students with early, effective, and practical education so they live healthier, more successful, and happier lives.