Follow the link below for the PowerPoint Presentation: “Attracting International Students & Faculty via Social Business in Higher Education”
- Social Business: Cyber marketing, networking, and publication via virtual platforms to promote a product or business.
- Faculty can use the increasing traffic on social media sites to increase the attention to their research and institution.
Did you know that 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S? Or that YouTube reaches more adults (ages: 18-34) than any cable network?
- Consistent & transparent online faculty personal branding can:
– Increase attention from students, faculty, donors, industry leaders, and others to faculty research, departments, & institutions
– Disseminate research faster and stimulate greater interest and collaboration in the field
– Increase professional development skills and make faculty more competitive in higher education markets
– Generate easier and faster communication as well as instructional resources
– Attract more international attention to faculty and their work
As higher education becomes increasingly competitive, and the international student is sought after more by higher education institutions, faculty can help attract & recruit both in-state, out-of-state, and international students & faculty to their institution through social business strategies. Social business is cost effective and after its initial start-up, is easy to maintain.