Category Archives: Higher Education
REGISTRATION: VISIT WEBSITE HERE
To read the whitepaper and foundation of this webinar, Pre-departure Training for Study Abroad: Preparing Fulbright Scholars for Study in the USA, FIND PDF HERE
Or copy/paste the following link into URL box:
“Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.”
~ Swami Vivekananda
One of my major takeaways after working with thousands of international students, scholars, and visiting faculty, is that truth, although true for the beholder, is different for each person. Pending his or her cultural background and personal experiences, we speak truths from of own perspective. Thus, we often misunderstand the intentions of those who operate from alternative truths.
It turns out though, that if we take the time to learn accurate information about others’ cultural frameworks and perspectives, their truths make sense too. The trick is taking the time to learn and making sure the content aligns with the targeted demographic.
By doing this, we bridge invisible gaps and minimize barriers which keep us separated, ignorant, in fear or in competition with those we don’t understand. By knowing more about another person’s culture, we empower ourselves to communicate more effectively with them. We also begin to more easily navigate with people from diverse backgrounds. Our newly understood truths form mutual respect and lead to new ways to live peacefully together.
We see more bridging between differing cultures occur more and more in businesses that work across multiple countries, at universities with international education programs, with government and non-profit organizations. That’s why www.CulturallyConfident.com provides classes, workshop training, and camps to teach students, employees, and faculty the skills they need in our ever increasing global economy.
There are so many ways to apply the class content for academic or professional goals.
Here are increases that class participants reported from completing cultural bridge class:
- Intercultural Adjustment and Integration
- Self-Awareness and Critical Thinking Skills
- Intercultural Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- International Leadership Skills
- Academic and Workplace Readiness
- Cross-cultural Communication Skills
- Intercultural Team Collaboration
- Self-Confidence and Overall Relocation Satisfaction
For more information about the classes, workshops, or orientations, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more class and camp information, visit www.CulturallyConfident.com
Prepare for USA College and University!
Class Name: U.S. Academics and Culture
Class Topics: Western Academics, Culture and Communication, Professional Readiness
Student Rewards: U.S. Transcript Record with 3 Class Credits, Letter of Recommendation, Certificate of Completion
Class Introduction Video: https://youtu.be/fdtVvKSHqew
Who should enroll?
- Students who want to prepare for U.S. study
- Students who want to become more competitive
- Students 14 years old, or older who can complete the class in English
What do students learn?
- Success strategies for U.S. study and cultural adjustment
- Western interaction and communication styles
- Professional development and networking skills
- Western student responsibilities
- University communication, readiness, & socialization skills
When to enroll?
- A new class starts the first Monday of every month
- Upcoming class start dates:
- June 6, July 4, Aug 1, Sept 5, Oct 3, Nov 7, Dec 5
- Students must complete the class within 12 weeks from the official class start date
- Students finish class at their pace
Why students enroll?
- To become ready for U.S.education and western culture
- To earn a letter of recommendation (in English) from a U.S. Professor
- To earn a Certificate of Completion for resumes and school applications
- To earn 3 U.S. university credits towards an undergraduate degree
- To save money online compared to taking the class in the U.S.
- To complete their first university class at their pace, conveniently online
What is “U.S. Academics & Culture” online class?
THE OLDEST, MOST ADVANCED UNIVERSITY READINESS CLASS IN THE WORLD, TAUGHT ONLINE, WORTH EARN 3 UNIVERSITY CREDITS!
Students who pass the class earn:
- U.S. strategies to succeed in western universities
- Western communication and socialization skills
- Three university credits on a U.S. transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a U.S. Professor (in English) to strengthen university applications and job resumes
- Certificate of Competition to strengthen university applications and job resumes
- Preferred acceptance into an elite 4-year private U.S. college
There’s no application and no English score required. Visit http://www.hlslinstitute.com to enroll today!
Who can enroll?
- International students 14 years old, or older
- Students who can complete the class in English (No TOEFL required, but recommended score of 60 and higher)
- Students who want to learn success skills for U.S. study
- Students who want to become more competitive for school and job applications
When to enroll?
- Simple answer, at anytime
- A new class starts each first Monday of every month
- The 2016 class schedule: Jan 18th, Feb 1st, March 7th, April 4th, May 2nd, July 5th, Aug 1st, Sept 6th, Oct 3rd, Nov 7th, and Dec 5th
How to enroll?
- Click this “Enroll Now” link or the button below
How long does it take to finish the class?
- Students complete the class on their own pace. Some students take a couple weeks, some students take several. All students must complete the class within 12 weeks.
How does this cost compare with the cost of taking 3 credits in the United States?
Looking for a scholarship? Partial scholarships are provided on a case by case basis. Please click here to email our team.
“This on-line course will provide the keys to success for studies in the United States. From how to effectively apply to your school of choice to strategies of how to integrate on campus when you first arrive, Tara and her team will guide you through the entire process.” Susie Askew, Director at the University of Nevada, Reno Office of International Students and Scholars
“Knowing culture before coming to U.S. decreases anxiety for adjusting to new country. Just for my culture, I think it’s really mandatory, before.” — Minjae L., Seoul, South Korea
“This study is helpful for me. It helped mentally prepare me studying and to meeting new friends.” — Wei C., Shanghai, China
“Knowing culture gave me confidence to talk, get involved, and participate.” — Wayne L., Beijing, China
FREE WEBINAR – Wednesday, January 10, 2016
Register for the Webinar that Works Best for Your Time Zone:
Time: (Japan 1900 / 7 pm JST; South Korea 1900 / 7 pm KST; China 1800 / 6 pm CST)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9134209712079716610
Webinar ID: 101-847-563 United States: +1 (415) 930-5321 Access Code: 337-877-485
Time: (Colombia and Peru 1800 / 6 pm COT; USA 6 pm EST & 3 pm PST)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5194110893457792258
Webinar ID: 113-033-235 United States: +1 (914) 614-3221 Access Code: 239-072-648
Time: (Western Europe and Central Africa 1800 / 6 pm CET, UTC/GMT +1 hour)
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5892876921188446210
Webinar ID: 112-670-603 United States: +1 (562) 247-8422 Access Code: 166-492-316
Time: Kuwait and Saudi Arabia 1800 / 6 pm AST; Brazil 2000 / 8 pm BRST
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/187050389286685954
Webinar ID: 111-060-659 United States: +1 (415) 930-5321 Access Code: 267-977-595
We improve the quality of life for international students by teaching U.S. academics and culture. International students can more easily navigate U.S. university classrooms, campuses, and social networks to achieve academic, social, and professional goals.
Since 2010, our team has been on the forefront of pre-departure research and instruction to support students pursuing study abroad. We teach pre-departure and post-arrival classesthat help international students manage cultural and academic challenges associated with adjustment in new schools.
Through curriculum design, international teaching and presentations, online webinars, research, and publications, we provide international students with early, effective, and practical education so they live healthier, more successful, and happier lives.
I know it’s been a few weeks since the last post but this is why…
I had an AMAZINGLY successful educational tour throughout South Korea and China promoting the world’s first online university course for international students worth 3 course credits on a U.S. transcript.
International students take the online course to:
- Learn U.S. university study, work, and communication skills
- Earn 3 academic credits on a U.S. university transcript
- Experience their first U.S. college course
- Save time and money compared to traveling to the U.S.A. for class
- Earn a Letter of Recommendation to strengthen U.S. university and travel visa applications
- Earn a Certificate of Completion to strengthen job applications
INTERNATIONAL TOUR STOPS
Locations: Seoul, South Korea; Daegu, South Korea; Shanghai, China; Beijing, China
Organizations: U.S.Embassies; EducationUSA; Fulbright; International Schools, ICEF Monitor; AIEF Conference; Student Recruiting Agencies
We’d like to thank everyone we met and worked with along the tour for introducing their students and friends to the class. Our new school and agent partners are helping us to improve study abroad and international education through early college-level education.
Pass on the online class, “U.S. Academics and Culture” to international students and their parents.
Higher Education Tour Partners